UPDATE : canSnippet is not anymore on beta, I created a new page for the project.
canSnippet’s project page.
I am very happy today to introduce you to canSnippet. canSnippet is an open source web-based application to save and share your code snippets. It is my first “big” project, thus I would like to have as many comments and feedback as possible. Please don’t hesitate to contact me for any question or remark, I will be happy to answer. For this project I used the CC BY license (I am also moving my whole blog under the same license), more information in the creative common by 4.0 page.
Author: ademcan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Version: 1.0 beta
License: CC BY
canSnippet is an open source web-based application to save and share your snippets.
The advantages of canSnippet are :
– it’s green (literally)
– open source (License CC BY)
– easy installation process
– sqlite database
– syntax highlighting (based on prism.js)
– possibility to save private and public snippets
– unique link per snippet for easy sharing
– rss feed
– search engine
– browse panel using AJAX
– responsive design
– it’s flat-green 🙂
– search API
– tags support
– including prismjs plugins and themes
– create new non-flat theme
Alternatives to canSnippet :
– Download the latest canSnippet.zip file
– send the zip file to your server and unzip
– give the following rights
705 to folders
604 to files
– open the following URL in your web browser
– Follow the unique instruction (i.e. fill in the form)
– Remove the install.php file for higher security
– You are done ! Now you canSnippet…
I would also like to thank my two super beta-testers Yome and Bajazet, thank you guys !
Again : this is a beta. I am still working on the code to improve it as much as possible, and I am very open to any discussion about the code and the design 🙂
Source: New feed